Tuesday, April 7, 2009

my thought on religion... q&a

A question that at first startled me, for i don't really know a lot on this matter but i have done my best to answer.. lol...
it is about religion...

Q:why atheist hate religion?
A:(me answering a dumb question??hehehe!) well, basically not all atheist hate religion,
i speak for my self, for i don't really hate "religion" per . i can't deny those things that religion has done to those people who believe in it, it helps those people to be at ease and be comfortable in times of troubles and problems they face and because of religion people has this hope that help them not to easily concede on life's hardships. maybe you have to rephrase this question.. maybe the real question would be, why do atheist don't believe in religion/ don't let religion cloud their mind? -well. for me it's because religion makes my mind more cautious and it creates more questions regarding life truths, and it raises doubts in my kind too so basically religion didn't help me but troubles me a lot..it is one of the hindrance of human progress. it only clouds the minds of the people, it made the people not to think straight and rationally, it promotes illogical thinking. religion takes away the capability of humans to have a critical thinking and evaluate everything around him, it blocks us to gain more knowledge regarding things that human wanted to know... so for me that's the reason why i don't believe in religion of any kind... ask other atheist and maybe you'll get some new answers, for i don't represent all atheists, because we are all individuals and have our own views with regards to this matter...
phew, i was trembling after that... I have never expected that some one would ask me such question, though it's just as simple as multiple choice but damn it made me perspire a lot... ^_^

Thank you....

Thank you is all i can say, no matter what they say about me, well I don't care.... to all those who don't litter their minds and not letting religion brainwashed them, thank you... You may say that I'm so hypocrite when saying this but frankly speaking I don't give a damn...Though I was born christian, I have been skeptic in all that i have learned in those days, and so I thank all who shares my views and thoughts, I thank you 'coz you make a way for me to be set free from the bondage of delusions... as the philosophers have said;

"we have just enough religion that make us hate but not enough religion to make us love one another."- jonathan swift

"religion is regarded by common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."- lucid seneca

"religion is just mind control."-george carlin

"religion is comparable to childhood neurosis"-sigmund freud

and my favorite quote, "religion is a by-product of fear, for much of human history. it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary?- isn't killing people in the name of god a pretty good definition of insanity? -arthur clarke

these are just few quotes i took from some of the pillars of freethought and atheism...
hope you make a move and think free...

íCiao!

No comments:

Post a Comment